Summer fun is often ruined by the actions of one driving a boat and/or personal watercraft carelessly or even intoxicated. Many boat accidents are caused by people that do not follow boating rules or even know them. In 87% of the deaths that were caused by boating accidents, the operator had not received boat safety instruction from a course provider offering a course meeting the U.S. Coast Guard recognized national standards.
Alcohol is the most common factor in boat accidents. The top five contributing factors of boating accidents are operator inattention, improper lookout, operator inexperience, excessive speed, and machinery failure.
If you have suffered an injury from a water-related accident that is not your fault, contact an Evansville-based boat accident attorney at Robert John and Associates. Most settlements do not require court and many injury settlements are reached without litigation. If your family is suffering the loss of a loved one or has suffered an injury due to the negligence of a boat operator contact our personal injury lawyers today. We can help protect your rights.
• Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
• Take pictures of the accident scene, if possible.
• If applicable, inform your boat insurance company of the accident as soon as you are able.
• Make notes of all witnesses with names, addresses, and phone numbers.
• Do not give a statement to the other insurance company until you speak to the Evansville-based boat accident lawyers at Robert John and Associates.
• Follow doctor's orders and keep all follow-up doctor appointments.
• Contact the personal injury attorneys at Robert John and Associates to protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve for your boat accident injuries.
Contact the personal injury firm, Robert John and Associates, to speak with an attorney today regarding your boat accident injuries. Robert John & Associates attorneys have been successfully representing personal injury victims in the Tri-State area in Evansville, Jasper, Mt. Vernon, Princeton, Vincennes, Washington, Boonville, Newburgh, Rockport, Tell City, and surrounding areas. In Illinois, we serve Carmi, Mt. Carmel, Lawrenceville, Olney, Albion, Fairfield, McLeansboro, Harrisburg, Shawneetown, and surrounding areas. In Kentucky, we serve Henderson, Dixon, Morganfield, Madisonville, Owensboro, Calhoun, Hawesville, Beech Grove, Central City, Philpot, Stanley, Sorgho, Sturgis, Corydon, and surrounding areas.
Robert John and Associates, personal injury attorneys, are here to help. Our attorneys are experienced in dealing with insurance company adjusters and realize this can be a confusing and overwhelming time. Contact Robert John and Associates, accident lawyers, so you can focus on getting better. Our Evansville-based personal injury attorneys will come to you at home or in the hospital if you are unable to come to us.