Premises liability is when one is hurt on another's property. Many of these cases are slips, trips, and/or falls. The owner of a property has a duty to maintain his/her property in a reasonably safe condition. This includes the removal of snow and ice or drying floors during rain events. While trip and falls bring to mind slap-stick comedy, they are no laughing matter and often result in serious permanent injury or even death. The slip and fall lawyers of Robert John and Associates have years of experience obtaining compensation for those injured because of owner’s neglect.
Slip, trips, and falls can occur at grocery stores, department stores, apartment complexes, a friend or relative's residence, and even doctor offices. Slips and falls account for more fatal injuries for people older than 65 than any other accident event. Poorly maintained parking lots, stairways, ramps, sidewalks, and walkways are often the cause of the injury.
In addition to the traditional slips, trips, and falls, premises liability include injuries or death because of the negligence of a property owner and/or property manager, including but not limited to:
• Landlord Negligence – lack of smoke detectors or poor property maintenance
• Dog Bites (Animal Attacks)
• Accidental poisonings
• Chemical Exposures
• Elevator and Escalator malfunctions
• Daycare Negligence
If you have been injured from a slip, trip, or fall or other negligent property owner act, call the injury lawyers at Robert John and Associates to protect your rights. We have slip and fall attorneys licensed in Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois. Most settlements do not require court and many injury settlements are reached without litigation.
• Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
• Report the injury immediately to the owner of the property and obtain their liability insurance information.
• Insist on an incident report from the property owner.
• Take relevant pictures, if possible, of the neglected area.
• Follow your doctor's orders and keep all scheduled medical appointments.
• Do not sign anything from the insurance companies. Injury victims may be giving up rights to pursue a claim for future compensation by signing documents from insurance companies.
• Contact the Evansville slip and fall (premises liability) lawyers of Robert John and Associates as soon as possible to discuss your legal rights and all avenues for just compensation for your injuries.
Contact the personal injury firm, Robert John and Associates, to speak with an attorney today regarding your premises liability injury. Robert John & Associates accident lawyers represent personal injury victims in Evansville, Jasper, Mt. Vernon, Princeton, Vincennes, Washington, Boonville, Newburgh, Rockport, Tell City, and surrounding areas. In Illinois, we serve Carmi, Mt. Carmel, Lawrenceville, Olney, Albion, Fairfield, McLeansboro, Harrisburg, Shawneetown, and surrounding areas. In Kentucky, we serve Henderson, Dixon, Morganfield, Madisonville, Owensboro, Calhoun, Hawesville, Beech Grove, Central City, Philpot, Stanley, Sorgho, Sturgis, Corydon, and surrounding areas.
Robert John and Associates personal injury lawyers are here to help. Our lawyers are experienced in dealing with insurance company adjusters and realize this can be a confusing and overwhelming time. Contact Robert John and Associates, personal injury lawyers, so you can focus on getting better. Our injury attorneys will come to you at home or in the hospital if you are unable to come to us.